The early portion of this artist's career was as a marketing consultant. While establishing herself for over two decades creating promotional materials and strategies for business, she never lost sight of the desire to create art." Fortunately, she returned to her passion, and was able to devote important time to her craft, working with many notable teachers and mentors, and studying abroad and domestically in key workshops.
Her transition from semi-abstract painting to full abstract has allowed her to create the unique and exciting works that are now a large part of her collection. Working with thick oils, often with palette knife, and often with layers and layers of glazing, scraping, and adding, a piece evolves over months of application, resulting in colorful and energetic visual excitement.
- University of Cincinnati
- School of Design, Art, and Architecture
- Studies in England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Italy, Greece, Switzerland, Germany, focusing on landscape and still life - oil
- VanderZee School of Painting - Alexandria, VA
PREVIOUS STUDIES & WORKSHOPS
- Charles Reid, Katie Lee Deborah Moch - SC
- Bethanne Cople - VA
- Kevin Fitzgerald - MD
- Chris Donavan - RI
- Owl Pen Gallery, solo show, 2013
- Little Compton Annual Art Show
- Chestertown River Arts Tour, 2013
- Private Collection, Curated Show, Westport, MA, 2008-2011
- Rhode Island - juried show, 2004-2011
- VanderZee Foundation, 2008-2011
- South Coast Artists Studio Tour, 2009-2013
- Gary Fisher Gallery- Washington DC Summer Abstracts, June - September 2010
- Hill & Knowlton Public Relations - Corporate Art Private Collection, 2009-2010
- Vox Global Corporate Art, 2010-2011
- Small Masterpieces - VanderZee Gallery, 2009-2011
For more information about these events or for any artist inquirires, please contact Sharon Hardin directly by e mail at email@example.com, or by cell phone at (703) 201-6487.